My Future Will Be Decided Soon - Carlo Ancelotti

Forum 8 years ago

My Future Will Be Decided Soon - Carlo Ancelotti

The Italian will discuss his future with the club after the final game of the season against Getafe, amid rumours Rafa Benitez could replace him

Carlo Ancelotti is desperate to stay at Real Madrid but says his future will be decided after their final match of the season against Getafe on Saturday.
The coach guided the club to European glory last season but will end this season trophyless, leading to reports Napoli boss Rafa Benitez will replace him in the summer.

Ancelotti says he still has work to do at Madrid, however, and believes he will be in charge this time next season.

"I still haven't spoken to the club about my future and the club haven't spoken to me," he told reporters at a press conference on Friday. "I'm still thinking I'm going to be the coach of Real Madrid until I'm told otherwise.

"After the game on Sunday or Monday, we'll have a meeting and we'll discuss my own future and the club's future. The club have told me that at the end of the season we will meet.

"I know this is a tough moment for the club, they have to make a decision, but I haven't seen any deterioration in relationship in the past two years with president Florentino Perez.

"If the club wants to change coach, I will accept that, it's fine by me. If I go, I've had two great years. Hopefully I stay, though, I want to stay.

"My feeling is that I'll be here next season. The club are evaluating things, that's normal, but I want to stay here. I like it here. I like this club, I like my players, I like this city."

Reports surfaced on Friday in Spain that Ancelotti could be kept by Madrid but that board members are adamant some of his staff are culled, but the former Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain boss does not think any sort of overhaul is needed.

"If I stay, only small things need to change, there doesn't need to be an overhaul," he added. "My philosophy and my style of work… I still believe in it.

[ads4]

"I arrived here as Real Madrid coach, bringing the staff I think are at the top level. I still think that. I have a lot of confidence in the people I brought with me. What I've achieved in my career I've achieved with the staff I have. I think they're the best in the world.

"It's like being on holiday all the time living in Madrid. It's great here. I have no rush to leave and go on holiday but, once everything is decided with my future, I will go on holiday!"

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz
Forum | 5 days ago

My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz

Harry Potter Star Tom Felton Offers Advice to Future TV Remake Cast
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Harry Potter Star Tom Felton Offers Advice to Future TV Remake Cast

Transfer: Carlo Ancelotti resists Real Madrid’s plan to sell key player
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Transfer: Carlo Ancelotti resists Real Madrid’s plan to sell key player