Commercial sex workers in Ghana say lack of power is affecting business

Forum 9 years ago

Commercial sex workers in Ghana say lack of power is affecting business

The ladies of the night are complaining about lack of power supply. Photo: Omg Ghana
With the lack of electricity supply in parts of Ghana, commercial sex workers under the banner of Ghanaian Prostitutes in Accra have protested having to attend to customers in the dark and the impact on their business.

A current report by OMG Ghana, extracting the opinions of commercial sex workers at different cities over the lack of constant electricity in the country saw the ladies of the night bearing their mind.
Some of them who ply their trade at Toppers, a popular brothel atSt. John’s nearDomeinAccra said they are gradually losing customers.
[ads4]
‘Since most of the guys simply don’t wanna ‘tonga’ in a dark room, and I do understand them, because nobody will feel comfortable to have vigorous sex in the heat that invades the rooms when there’s dum-sor,’ they are not coming,’ one of them said.
Another among ladies based at Saint John district in Accra also narrated their disappointment at the lack of power supply saying:
‘From where we stand; the customers cannot see what we look like. Why would they bother to come? Who says she entered the sex trade recently. And even if we manage with some efforts to get one, he is unwilling to accompany you to a dark room somewhere for short-time, let alone a full night of ‘tonga.’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Cement-Laden Truck, Commercial Bus Collide On Lagos Bridge
Forum | 2 days ago

Cement-Laden Truck, Commercial Bus Collide On Lagos Bridge

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker
Forum | 3 days ago

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)
Forum | 4 days ago

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)

EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth