Chelsea Coach Backs Kepa After “Big Mistake” Against Liverpool

Forum 3 years ago

Chelsea Coach Backs Kepa After “Big Mistake” Against Liverpool

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard remains supportive of keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga after the player made a big mistake in their 2-0 loss to Liverpool.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3dd4467aeb5f4be320a9a380c2a61160.png

Two goals from Sadio Mane gave Liverpool the victory in what could be a huge game in the race for the title.

Mane opened the scoring in the 50th-minute with a well-taken header in the box. The goal followed a well worked move from Reds players Trent Alexander-Arnold, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino.

The Senegalese then scored his second of the game following an error from Arrizabalaga.

Arrizabalaga received the ball close to his goal and was immediately closed down by Mane. The forward blocked his pass and calmly put the ball in the back of the net.

Speaking after the game to Sky Sports (via BBC), Lampard said:

“We showed moments on the counter-attack when we were dangerous in the first half. My team talk was be more confident on the ball then the red card changes the whole team talk.”

“I am happier today in many ways than after Brighton. I saw spirit and desire to defend, the midfield giving everything. Players should take heart, it’s how we go forward from League “With new faces we have got a month or so in pre-season. With the way we defended, I am very happy. We have to have time. Our process starts here. Our objectives and expectations are higher, but I saw a lot of character and spirit.”

Talking about Arrizabalaga, he said:

“My job as a manager is to try to give Kepa confidence. It was a clear mistake and Kepa accepted that.”

Chelsea’s next Premier League game is away against West Brom on Saturday 26th September.

Before then they face Barnsley in the Carabao Cup at home.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 33 mins ago Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought
Forum | 13 hours ago

SPORT 33 mins ago Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought

SPORT 38 mins ago Boboye backs Oboabona, Adeniji to do well at Sunshine Stars
Forum | 13 hours ago

SPORT 38 mins ago Boboye backs Oboabona, Adeniji to do well at Sunshine Stars

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie

PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman
Forum | 2 days ago

PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman