Grammy Loss: My Dad Said I’m Still Legend – Davido

Forum 2 months ago

Grammy Loss: My Dad Said I’m Still Legend – Davido

Famous Nigerian Afrobeats singer Davido has revealed how his father reacted to his Grammy loss.

Recall that Davido lost all three nominations at the just concluded 66th edition of the Grammys Awards.

Speaking about his journey to stardom during his latest interview with Rolling Stone, the Grammy nominee stated that despite the loss his father told him that he remains a legend.

“Being nominated alone is enough to make me proud of myself. I just want my song to be heard on the radio once or twice in the beginning, but for it to transcend to this is just amazing and God’s doing.

“I was on the phone with my dad yesterday and he was like ‘Son no matter what happens, you are still a legend’. So yeah, he is a big fan,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus
Forum | 1 day ago

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

Davido Spoils His Wife, Chioma, With Wads of Dollar BIlls Ahead of Her Birthday on April 30
Forum | 3 days ago

Davido Spoils His Wife, Chioma, With Wads of Dollar BIlls Ahead of Her Birthday on April 30