Atiku’s Aide Mocks Tinubu Government Over Escape Of Detained Binance Executive

Forum 1 month ago

Atiku’s Aide Mocks Tinubu Government Over Escape Of Detained Binance Executive

Phrank Shaibu, Special Assistant to former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, has mocked the government of President Bola Tinubu.

This comes after one of the detained Binance executives escaped from detention.

Shaibu accused President Tinubu’s government of transforming Nigeria's detention centres into amateur magician training grounds where detainees escape any time they want.

It was earlier reported that one of the two executives of Binance, the world's largest cryptocurrency exchange who were arrested in Nigeria had escaped from the custody in Abuja.

Sources privy to the incident disclosed this to PREMIUM TIMES, identifying the fugitive as Nadeem Anjarwalla.

The 38-year-old Mr Anjarwalla reportedly fled from the Abuja guest home where he and his colleague were detained on Friday, March 22, when guards took him to a nearby mosque for prayers because of the ongoing Ramadan fast.

According to insiders, there is a likelihood that Anjarwalla, who also has Kenyan citizenship, flew out of Abuja on a Middle East airliner.

However, it remains unknown how Mr Anjarwalla got on an international flight even though his British passport, with which he entered Nigeria, is still in the hands of Nigerian authorities.

Reacting to the report, Shaibu in a post on his social media handle described Anjarwalla’s escape as another riveting episode of what he called “Nigeria's Got Escapes,” saying that no one needs security in the country anymore when the government can provide an escape room experience for all detained executives.

He said, “Another riveting episode of ‘Nigeria's Got Escapes,’ brought to you by the @officialABAT administration! Detained Binance executive pulls off a vanishing act right under their noses?

“Bravo, @officialABAT, for transforming our detention centers into amateur magician training grounds! Who needs security when you can provide a thrilling escape room experience for all detained executives?

“Stay tuned for the next episode: "Escape from Nigeria: The Sequel” or ‘Nigeria's Got Talent: The Fugitive Edition.’”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive
Forum | 3 days ago

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive's Request For Bail

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 4 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 4 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja