Imperfect Women: Elisabeth Moss & Kerry Washington to Lead Apple TV+ Thriller Series

Forum 1 month ago

Imperfect Women: Elisabeth Moss & Kerry Washington to Lead Apple TV+ Thriller Series

Apple TV+ has officially greenlit the upcoming limited series adaptation of Araminta Hall’s Imperfect Women novel, with The Handmaid’s Tale star Elisabeth Moss and Scandal’s Kerry Washington attached to lead the project.

In addition to starring, both Moss and Washington will also be serving as executive producers alongside Physical creator Annie Weisman. This marks Weisman’s latest collaboration with Apple TV+ after previously wrapping up the Rose Byrne-led three-season dramedy last September 2023.

“From the moment I received Araminta’s novel, I couldn’t put it down. It was such an electrifying read; I fell in love with it immediately,” Moss said in a statement. “I’ve admired Kerry and her work as an actor and producer for many years and have been looking for something to work with her on and was so thrilled that she responded to the material when we sent it to her and Pilar at Simpson Street. They were the first and only people we thought of. We are so happy that Apple and 20th Television agreed to partner with us on this, as well. It’s all an absolute match made in heaven.”

What is Imperfect Women about?

“The series will examine a crime that shatters the lives of a decades-long friendship of three women,” reads the logline. “Imperfect Women is a mystery complicated by perspective that explores guilt and retribution, love and betrayal, and the compromises we make that alter our lives irrevocably. As the investigation unravels, so does the truth about how even the closest relationships can change over time.”

Described as an unconventional and psychological thriller, Imperfect Women is created and written by Weisman. The series is executive produced by Lindsey McManus, Pilar Savone, and Hall. It is a co-production between 20th Television and Apple Studios.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal
Forum | 1 day ago

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal

Summer Camp Trailer: Diane Keaton, Kathy Bates & Alfre Woodard Lead Comedy Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Summer Camp Trailer: Diane Keaton, Kathy Bates & Alfre Woodard Lead Comedy Movie

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Presumed Innocent: Premiere Release Date Moved Up by Apple TV+
Forum | 2 days ago

Presumed Innocent: Premiere Release Date Moved Up by Apple TV+