I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi

Forum 1 week ago

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi

Dave Umahi

David Umahi, the immediate past Ebonyi governor, has said that he is happy that his successor, Francis Nwifuru, still honours him after leaving office.

Umahi said this while speaking with newsmen after being conferred with an honorary doctorate degree by the Ebonyi State University on Saturday in Abakaliki.

Umahi, Minister of Works, said it was not common to hand over to a successor and still be continually honoured by him.

“That is the handwork of God and I am grateful to him and the governor.

“Governors and their predecessors are fighting in many states but in Ebonyi we are always celebrating.

“This is the mercy of God and the wisdom bestowed on the governor,” he said.

The minister commended Governor Nwifuru for sowing the seed of peace in the state and assured that such would be sustained.

“You can see that the state is on steady rise and what I could not finish as David he is doing as Solomon.

“He is my son in whom I am well pleased, he said.

Umahi thanked the university for honouring him and others, and pledged to continue contributing to its development.

”I commend the Vice-Chancellor and management for the amazing feats recorded by the institution, we all are proud to have a university with such records.

“The job is easy when you are not the one doing it, and I thank the state governor for his great works in the university.

“I will consult with my fellow awardees and we would definitely offer huge support to the university,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances

Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother
Forum | 1 week ago

Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 1 week ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalised Like R3pe - Actor Salami
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalised Like R3pe - Actor Salami